GiveBIG to Parkview 4/26 through 5/9!

Did you know?

You can giveBIG to Parkview this year starting April 26th! Just visit Seattle Foundation’s giveBIG site starting tomorrow to schedule your gift to withdraw on the day of the big event, May 9th!

Also, you may direct your donation to any one of our five programs, or a combination of programs. Just make a note in the comments section after you specify your donation amount, and your gift will be designated to your choice of programs.

Click below to schedule your giveBIG donation today!

P.S. The Parkview Board of Directors will match the first $800 raised through this year’s giveBIG Campaign, so make your donations go further with this board generated pool!  Thank you for your support!

Early-Bird Auction Tickets on Sale Now!

Be an early Bird and grab your Parkview Auction Dinner tickets while they’re 20% off!

Join us on Sunday, October 6th for a lovely meal, an overview of our program work over the past year and fun live and silent auctions. All proceeds support Parkview’s five programs.

Click HERE to snag your tix today!

Questions? Contact Lauren Sabia @ 206-542-6644 Ext. 151 or

In Foreclosure? Make sure you get your excess proceeds (equity)

Did you know you are entitled to your excess proceeds (equity) when your home is foreclosed? Be sure you know how to prevent these proceeds from being skimmed off by realtors- here’s how it works:

  • The Trustee deposits the excess proceeds with the court in the county where the foreclosure occurred and notifies the borrower of the existence of the excess proceeds. 
  • IT IS UP To the borrower to file the proper documents with the court and to notify all interested parties of the existence of the proceeds. 

  • Once this happens, the court will schedule a hearing to determine who is entitled to the proceeds.  Private attorneys and recovery services can charge up to 50% of the proceeds for going through this procedure.  However, this is something the borrower can do on their own.  


1. Contact the Trustee for the list of interested parties.
2.  Fill out motion to disburse excess proceeds, order to disburse, and notice of hearing at the Court Clerks.
3. Notify interested parties
(All parties to whom the Trustee mailed notice of the excess proceeds- you Must notify them by either Personally serving First-class mail and either certified or registered mail, return receipt requested.
4. Appear at hearing
5.Get signature on the order

6. Submit the signed order to the Clerk.
To obtain forms for this process, contact the courthouse in the county in which your foreclosure is taking place, or contact Northwest Justice Project for help!

Our Spring Dance is coming up!

Sponsored in part by Seattle Office of Arts and Culture’s Neighborhood & Community Arts Program and The Rotary Club of Lake Forest Park, Parkview’s annual Spring Dance takes place again this year at Miller Park Community Center on April 15th! Please share the flyer with anyone you think might want to attend. This is a free, inclusive event for people with and without disabilities. Caregivers, friends and family welcome!

Want to help out? We could use help with set up and take down the day of the event. Please contact Zach for more information.